University of Technology Sydney, Australia (2015 - 2018)
Ph.D. (Computer Science)
- Research Area: Cybersecurity and Distributed Systems
- Advisor: Dr. Priyadarsi Nanda; Prof. Xiangjian He.
- Thesis: Adaptive Secure Network Model for Dynamic Wireless Mesh Networks
- Description: The research focuses on a security framework involving the development of a hybrid encryption technique to improve the performance while maintaining integrity, a hybrid authentication scheme to enable scenario-based authentication in a distributed environment, and a key management/distribution scheme to ensure the security of the network.is The research also studies distributed wireless communication systems and develops a new routing protocol to better support the mesh routing technique.
Amity University, India (2010 - 2014)
B.Tech. (Computer Science & Engineering)
- Advisor: Ms. Charu Jain
- Thesis: ZAUBER - Gesture Recognition System
- Description: The research involved the study of pattern recognition, image processing, and machine learning. Dot-NET framework and OpenCV were used to develop an application that uses the onboard camera of a system to recognize different gestures and accordingly perform the operation related to it. The gesture tracking was enhanced using machine learning with a large database of active recognition samples and random background images.
Deakin University, Australia (2020 - Present)
Research Fellow, Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment
- Conduct High-Quality Research in Blockchain and Cybersecurity.
- Collaborate with Industry to develop real-world solutions.
- Provide supervision/guidance to research students
- Explore security challenges in 5G/6G networks.
- Explore blockchain technology to develop secure and state-of-art systems for applications such as
- Supply-chain management
- IoT systems
- Digital document storage
- Verification as well as user authentication
University of Technology Sydney, Australia (2016 - 2020)
Lecturer, Faculty of Engineering and Information on Technology (2019 - 2020)
Tutor / Instructor, Faculty of Engineering and Information on Technology (2016 - 2019)
- Conducting Lectures, Tutorials, and hands-on sessions.
- Developing study manuals.
- Designing and setting up a virtual lab environment.
- Setting up the Juniper SRX300 enterprise firewall system.
Cyber Security Essentials
Description: The subject involves learning network attacks and defenses, web security, firewalls, intrusion detection systems along with security services such as confidentiality, integrity, authentication, and technologies such as IPsec, SSL, PGP, and S/MIME.
Digital and Cyber Crime
Description: The subject develops an understanding of what activities generally constitute ‘cybercrime’ and the motivations of various cyber criminals, the legislative framework applicable to cybercrime, the issues facing entities including law enforcement responding to cybercrime, practical steps to respond and investigate cybercrime and the role of digital forensics in the response to cybercrime.
Description: The subject introduces modern security issues and technologies by considering various aspects, from security principles and policies to network and system security, as well as intrusion detection and cybersecurity.
Description: This subject consolidates the understanding of network security by considering security principles, methodologies, and technologies from a technical and management perspective used in practice. The subject discusses various network-based attack techniques used in practice, and methods to defend against such attacks using industry-standard tools and techniques.
Description: The subject involves assessing a digital crime, acquire digital evidence, analyze the evidence, and prepare forensic reports. This includes forensic analysis of a digital storage device, eDiscovery, and intrusion investigation into the nature and extent of an unauthorized network intrusion.
Description: The subject explains the role of the network manager and the network management system. It discusses the components of network management, i.e. fault management, performance management, configuration management, security management, and accounting management.
Data Structures and Algorithms
Description: The subject teaches how to design, develop, and evaluate data structures and algorithms to meet predefined quality characteristics of functionality (suitability) and usability (understandability, learnability, operability, compliance).
Asia Pacific International College, Sydney, Australia (2017 - 2018)
Tutor, Information Technology / Information System
- Conducting tutorials and lab sessions.
- Conducting and invigilating examination
- Data and Information Management
- Foundation of Information Systems
- IT Infrastructure
- Introduction to Programming
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Project/Program Information and Communication Systems
- IS Strategy Management and Acquisition
- Management Information Systems
- IT Audit and Controls
- Enterprise Architecture
AExIC (Adroit Explorer Innovation Chamber), India (2014 - 2015)
- Lead Research and Development projects
- Public relations and Hiring
Hostel Automation Project
The project includes an intranet service providing an easy way of registering complaints with a completion time assurance to the students living in the university hostel. This portal can also be used to access important notices along with providing student information to the admin staff.
Technology Used: Visual Studio and Localized server.
Racetrack Management System
A hardware and software solution was developed for automating car racing event tracking. The project provides an interconnected device setup spread across the track to manage races using different proximity sensors to obtain the data and mesh network to collect and relay it to a central control entity for processing and taking appropriate decisions.
Technology Used: Arduino, Proprietary Software, and Open-Source Technologies
National Informatics Centre, Govt. of India (2012 & 2013)
Intern, e-Governance Standards Division
- Front-End/Back-End web design and Testing.
- Database setup and Integration.
Online Portal & Database Design (2012)
Development of a portal and data segregation for National Informatics Centre (NIC), under the Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. An online portal was designed to securely access a segregated database containing almost a million entries about the geographical information of various constituencies in the country over the internet through www.egovstandards.gov.in.
Technology Used: Visual Studio, Drupal, and Confidential Proprietary Software.
Development of Standardized Templates for Online Filling (2013)
Development of a Graphical User Interface (GUI) Module for National Informatics Centre (NIC), under the Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. The GUI based templates were built according to “Metadata and Data Standards- Demographic Version 1.1.” offering a dynamic design module enabling secure authentication through a set of validations and verifications while maintaining ease of usage.
Technology Used: Visual Studio, Drupal, and Confidential Proprietary Software.
The State Trading Corporation of India Ltd., Govt. of India Enterprise (2011)
Intern, Computer Cell (Management Services Division)
- System Development and Integration.
Secure Payroll Generation System
Development of a Payroll System for The State Trading Corporation of India Limited (STC), a premier international trading house of the Government of India. The system was designed to replace the manual processing of tasks by automatically generating, updating & editing salary information and other statutory reports for the employees every month and securely transferring the data to the bank upon approval with a 99.99% accuracy. The payroll system upon completion was deployed and continues to be used at the corporate office and over 10 major branches of the company across India.
Technology Used: MS Access and Proprietary Systems.
- Recipient of 3 Top-Up Scholarship (2015, 2016, 2017).
- Successfully Upgraded to Ph.D. from Masters (Research). (2017)
- Qualified GATE (2014).
- Web Chair & Facility Coordinator, IEEE TrustCom/BigDataSE/ICESS 2017.
- Mentor/Project Guide, Coursework Students attempting Final Year Project.
- Reviewer for Following Journals/Conferences
- IEEE TrustCom/BigDataSE/ICESS
- IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine
- KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems
- Future Generation Computer Systems.
- IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials
- ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications, and Applications
- International Journal of Communication Systems
- International Journal of Computer and Telecommunications Networking
- Certified Ethical Hacking Expert – TechDefence - Techfest IIT Bombay, India (2012)
- Certified Web Developer - RitSan Media Venture, India (2012)
- Microsoft Technology Associate - Microsoft, India (2012)
- Microsoft Certified Professional - Microsoft, India (2012)
- Android Game Developer – Hackveda Appsec Labs, New Delhi, India (2013)
- 3D Animation and Special Effects – Go 4 Tech, New Delhi, India (2013)
- Arduped Workshop – Techfest IIT Bombay, India (2013)
- X - Pentabot Workshop - ThinnkWare, India (2011)
- Entrepreneurship and Business Plan Workshop - Ansal University Gurgaon, India (2014)
- Co-Founder and Vice President of Adroit Explorer Innovation Chambers.
- Co-Founder of Adroit Explorer Club.
- 1st prize winner in the inter-university Software Rachna competition.
- 1st prize winner in the inter-university robotics competition.
- 2nd prize winner in the inter-university Game Designing competition.
- Individual Member of Drupal Association.
- Student Ambassador for EMC Academic Alliance Program (2013-2014)
- Designed six different games using visual studio (.net) 2010.
- Designed Payroll Generation System for The State Trading Corporation of India Ltd. (STC).
- Designed web pages and various templates on egovstandards.gov.in for the National Informatics Center, Govt. of India (NIC).
- Updated, linked and mapped 8 lakh entry database for National Informatics Center, Govt. of India (NIC).
- Designed and Developed Personal and Corporate websites for various clients using Drupal CMS.
- Setup and maintained three self-configured Ubuntu Web-Servers.
- Conducted Workshops on Web-Development (Drupal), Web-Server Deployment and Network Security
- President of Juvenile Care (an N.G.O. working for underprivileged children), Gurgaon chapter.
- Coordinated inter-college events (LAN gaming, Coding & Debugging)
- Volunteered in INSPIRE (Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research) organized by Department of Science & Technology (DST)
- Volunteered in NCACT (National Conference on Advancement in Convergence of Technologies)
- Conducted various Social Awareness Programs(SAP).
- Winner in inter-college LAN gaming events.
- Winner in art, dance, singing, chess and quiz.
|Operating Systems||Microsoft Windows, Linux, UNIX, Backtrack, Kali, Ubuntu, RedHat.|
|Programming Language||C, C++, C#, VB.NET, JAVA (Basic), Python (Basic)|
|Data Management||MySQL, PostgreSQL (installation, configuration, and management)|
|Computer Networking||Juniper (JUNOS), VyOs (Setup and configurations of LANs, Switches, Routers)|
|Cybersecurity||Intrusion Detection System/Intrusion Prevention System, Firewall Design, System/Security Policies, Metasploit Framework|
|CEHE (Certified Ethical Hacker Expert)||Penetration testing, Risk Assessment|
|Virtualization technology||VMware, VirtualBox (Configuration, and management), OpenStack|
|Web Technologies||ASP.NET, CSS, SQL, HTML, PHP, Drupal Engine, Server Configuration and Management|
|Other Software Skills||Visual Studio, MS-Access, MS-Office 365, NetBeans, Arduino, Prezi, PowerDirector, VedioScribe.|