Development of a secure and adaptive network model to improve the wireless distributed network
My current research is based on the study of distributed wireless communication systems and development of a new routing protocol to better support the mesh routing technique. The research also focuses on a security framework involving the development of a hybrid encryption technique to improve the performance while maintaining the integrity, a hybrid authentication scheme to provide scenario-based authentication in a distributed environment and a key management/distribution scheme to ensure the security of the network. In addition to the core research, I have also been collaborating in other topics involving quantum cryptography, network virtualization and software-defined networks.
- Ashish Nanda, Priyadarsi Nanda, Xiangjian He, Aruna Jamdagni, and Deepak Puthal, ‘A hybrid encryption technique for Secure-GLOR: The adaptive secure routing protocol for dynamic wireless mesh networks’, Future Generation Computer Systems (FGCS), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.future.2018.05.065, 2018 — Published, (ERA tier A, Impact Factor 4.639)
- Ashish Nanda, Deepak Puthal, Saraju Mohanty and Uma Choppali, ‘A Computing Perspective of Quantum Cryptography’, IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine, DOI - 10.1109/MCE.2018.2851741, 2018 — In Press, (Impact Factor 1.434)
- Deepak Puthal, Rajiv Ranjan, Ashish Nanda, Priyadrsi Nanda, Prem P Jayaraman and Albert Y Zomaya, ‘Secure Authentication and Load Balancing of Distributed Edge Datacenters’, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, 2018.— Minor Review, (ERA tier A*, Impact Factor 1.815)
- Ashish Nanda, Priyadarsi Nanda, Xiangjian He and Deepak Puthal, ‘A Novel Hybrid Authentication Model for Geo Location Oriented Routing in Dynamic Wireless Mesh Networks’, 51st Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences(HICSS-51) Hawaii, 3rd-6th January 2018 — Published, (ERA tier A)
- Ashish Nanda, Priyadarsi Nanda, Xiangjian He, Aruna Jamdagni, and Deepak Puthal, ‘Secure-GLOR: An Adaptive Secure Routing Protocol for Dynamic Wireless Mesh Networks’, 16th IEEE International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (IEEE TrustCom-17) Sydney, Australia, 1st-4th August 2017 — Published in IEEE Conference Proceedings by IEEE CS CPS, (ERA tier A)
- Ashish Nanda, Priyadarsi Nanda and Xiangjian He, ‘Geo-Location Oriented Routing Protocol for Smart Dynamic Mesh Network’, 18th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications (HPCC-2016), Sydney, Australia, 12th-14th December 2016 —Published in IEEE Conference Proceedings by IEEE CS CPS, (ERA tier B)
- Ashish Nanda, Priyadarsi Nanda, Xiangjian He and Aruna Jamdagni, ‘A Secure Routing Scheme for Wireless Mesh Networks’, 12th International Conference on Information Systems Security (ICISS-2016), Jaipur, India, 16th-20th December 2016 — Published in Springer Verlag series of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, (ERA tier B)
- Gesture Recognition System (ID: COG153), National Conference on Innovations in Computing and Information Technology (Cognition-2015), Amity University, India, pp. 360-364.
Research Projects and Engagements
Hand Gesture Recognition System - ZAUBER
- Task: An application development as a component of B. Tech Degree Final Year Research Thesis at Amity University
- Technology Used: .NET framework and OpenCV.
- Methodology: The application uses the onboard camera of a system to recognize various gestures and accordingly perform the operation related to it. The gesture tracking was enhanced using machine learning with a large database of active recognition region and random background images.
Payroll Generation System
- Task: Development of a Payroll System for The State Trading Corporation of India Limited (STC), a premier international trading house of the Government of India.
- Technology Used: MS Access and Proprietary Software.
- Methodology: This system was designed to replace the manual processing of tasks by automatically generating, updating & editing salary information and other statutory reports for the employees every month with a 99.99% accuracy. The payroll system upon completion has been used at the central and over 10 major branches of the company.
Online Portal & Database Design
- Task: Development of a portal and data segregation for National Informatics Centre (NIC), under Department of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India.
- Technology Used: Confidential.
- Methodology: An online portal was designed to access a segregated database containing almost a million entries about the geographical information of various constituencies in the country over the internet through www.egovstandards.gov.in.
Development of Standardized Templates for Online Filling
- Task: Development of a Graphical User Interface (GUI) Module for National Informatics Centre (NIC), under Department of Electronic and Information Technology, Government of India.
- Technology Used: Confidential.
- Methodology: The GUI based templates were built according to “Metadata and Data Standards- Demographic Version 1.1.” offering a dynamic design module enabling enhanced set of validations and verifications without compromising the ease of usage.
Hostel Automation Project
- Task: Development of a web-based portal for better administration at Amity University Hostel.
- Technology Used: Visual Studio and Localized server.
- Methodology: The project includes an intranet service providing an easy way of registering complaints with a completion time assurance to the students living in the university hostel. This portal can also be used to access important notices along with providing student information to the admin staff.
Race Track Management System
- Task: Development of a complete solution for racing events held by Incarnation Sports.
- Technology Used: Arduino, Proprietary Software and Open Technologies.
- Methodology: A hardware and software solution was developed for automating car racing event tracking. The project provides an interconnected device setup spread across the track to manage races using different proximity sensors to obtain the data and mesh network to collect and relay it to a central control entity for processing and taking appropriate decisions.
Area of Interest
- Cyber Security (Computer Security)
- Distributed Computing and Networking
- Wireless Networks
- Internet of Things (IoT)